Palette is the designer’s color palette aid and was born out of the frustration of trying to use color sharing apps for tasks they weren’t meant to be used for.
Most of those apps were designed for the purpose of allowing users to share interesting combinations of a limited amount of colors. In my day to day workflow I was desperately seeking a simple, lightweight tool that gave me plenty of space to play around in and get the colors I needed. Palette was designed to be such a tool.
Palette accomplishes this in several ways.
- A slew of display options.
- Drag and drop any color to rearrange the palette.
- Drag and drop the label in the top left of any color to copy.
- Click the button in the top right of any color to copy it’s hex value to clipboard.
- Hit a keybind while hovering over any color to open it’s picker with the hex field selected.
- Close and refresh protection by saving the palette’s data in a cookie that automatically gets restored.
Palette is open source.